This incredibly tender and flavor-packed Instant Pot Mongolian Beef is on the table in a flash!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef – The most tender and flavorful Mongolian beef prepared in your pressure cooker!
My new Instant Pot has been a total game-changer when it comes to getting a meal on the table on busy weeknights. I was completely amazed at how tender and flavorful this beef was… like it had been slow cooking for hours and hours!
With just 10 minutes prep time and 25 minutes cook time (I included the time it takes to come to pressure), this sweet and tangy Mongolian beef is on the table in 35 minutes, and it’s so much better than takeout!
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, I have a slow cooker version of this recipe here.
I hope you enjoy this quick and easy Mongolian beef as much as we did!
12/4/18: Recipe slightly revisedPrint
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
- Total Time: 48 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 pounds flank steak, sliced into thin strips across the grain
- 2–½ tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- ¾ cup soy sauce (I used low sodium)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup shredded or julienned carrots
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- ⅓ cup cold water
- Sliced green onions and sesame seeds, for garnish
- Optional: cooked white rice
- In a medium bowl, add ginger root, garlic, soy sauce, 1 cup water, brown sugar and hoisin sauce. Stir well to combine.
- Set your Instant Pot to the saute setting. Add olive oil. When olive oil is heated, add beef and saute for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour mixture over beef and stir to combine. Add carrots and stir again.
- Turn Instant Pot off. Place the lid on and lock. Steam release knob should be set on “sealing”.
- Cook on manual setting (high pressure) for 10 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick release remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove lid and stir. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Prepare the cornstarch slurry by whisking together cornstarch and ⅓ cup cold water in a small bowl or large measuring cup until smooth. Add to sauce and stir to combine. Turn on the saute setting and continue to stir until slightly thickened (about 2 minutes). Turn off your Instant Pot. Sauce will thicken as it sits (about 5 minutes).
- Serve over cooked white rice (if desired) and top with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
- Cook time includes the time it took my pot to come to pressure.
- I used an Instant Pot LUX80 8 quart in this recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 38 minutes
Oh my goodness, delicious!!!
I used 1/2 a cup of Lakanto monkfruit sweetener instead of brown sugar, and it was superb.
You have winner!
Hello. My name is Tanya and I live in Australia. I have just been gifted a pressure cooker by our youngest daughter for my birthday and Mothers Day. I absolutely love Mongolian Beef and I came across your recipe I thought I just have to make that for the first time I use it. I am so looking forward to trying it as the picture looks amazing. I will leave another comment after i have made the recipe and let you know how it turned out. Thanks. Tanya.
Hi Tanya, what a wonderful gift to receive! I hope you and your family enjoy the Mongolian beef!
Love the recipe; I eliminated sugar completely. Excellent.
Do you have nutrition counts for this recipe? I’m particularly interested in the carb count as my son is diabetic. Thanks!
Hi Jeanne, I currently do not have nutrition info for this recipe. You can search online for “nutritional calculator” and there are several to choose from where you enter the ingredients. I hope this helps!
Thank you! Will do.
I have tried this recipe before and it was delicious – everyone loved it. Thank you!
Luv this recipe. However, 1 cup of the brown sugar is way too much for us so I cut it back to 1/2 cup and also added some red pepper flakes. YUM!!! This I’ve made this about six times already and I’ve only had my IP since May ’19.
Amy @ The Blond Cook
Thanks for sharing, Tricia! Happy to hear you and your family are enjoying it and enjoying your new Instant Pot! 🙂
Halved it for my 3 quart and it’s excellent!! Thank you