- 1 (3 to 3.5 pound) chuck roast
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (10-ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup root beer
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1–1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4–6 hoagie buns
- 8–12 slices provolone cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish, if desired
- Season roast with desired amounts of salt and pepper.
- Pour oil into your Instant Pot and set to saute. When oil is heated, sear roast on all sides until browned. Remove roast from pot and turn off your Instant Pot.
- Add soup, beef broth, root beer and soy sauce. Stir with a wooden spoon, scraping bits off of the bottom of the pot.
- Add garlic powder, bay leaves, thyme and oregano. Stir to combine.
- Return roast to pot. Place the lid on pressure cooker and lock. Steam release knob should be set on “sealing”. Cook on manual setting (high pressure) for 90 minutes.
- Do a natural pressure release for 20 minutes, then turn valve to “venting” to release remaining pressure.
- Once pressure is completely released, remove and discard bay leaves. Remove roast, place on a large platter and shred.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Slice buns and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Place beef on top of buns and top with 2 slices of provolone cheese. Bake until cheese is melted (about 3-4 minutes). Top with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
- Serve with au jus from Instant Pot.
- Category: Sandwiches
- Method: Pressure Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot french dip sandwiches, pressure cooker french dip sandwiches