- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup peeled and sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2–1/2 pounds bone-in split chicken breasts (2 large breasts), excess skin removed
- 3–1/2 cups wide egg noodles
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Set your Instant Pot to the saute setting. Add butter and melt. Add carrots, onions and celery and saute (stirring often) for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add broth, water, rosemary, dill, salt, pepper and bay leaves. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken and turn off Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on and lock. Cook on manual setting (high pressure) for 12 minutes. When finished cooking, quick release the pressure.
- Once pressure has completely released, remove chicken with tongs and transfer to a platter or cutting board.
- Turn off Instant Pot and set to saute setting. Add noodles and stir to combine. Cook noodles until tender (stirring occasionally), about 6 minutes.
- While noodles are cooking, remove skin from chicken and discard. Remove chicken from bones and shred. Discard bones.
- Add shredded chicken to your Instant Pot and stir to combine. Remove and discard bay leaves.
- Serve warm topped with chopped fresh parsley.
I used an Instant Pot LUX80 8 quart in this recipe.