This soothing and comforting Hot Toddy is so easy to make with simple, everyday ingredients.
- 1–3/4 cups boiling water
- 2 herbal tea bags
- 3 tablespoons honey (more or less, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (from about 1/2 lemon)
- 1/4 cup whiskey
- Optional: Cinnamon sticks, star anise and/or lemon wheels studded with cloves for garnish
- Boil water in a small saucepan. Place tea bags in boiling water, remove from heat and cover to steep for approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour tea into mug. Pour in honey, lemon juice and whiskey. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks, star anise and/or lemon wedges studded with cloves, if desired.
- Brandy, dark rum or spiced rum can be substituted for whiskey.
- Maple syrup or agave syrup can be substituted for honey.
- Category: Cocktail
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: hot toddy recipe, hot toddy tea