- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pound medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter
- Optional sesame seeds and chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Whisk together the honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger powder and lemon juice in a small bowl. Place the shrimp in a resealable bag and pour about 2/3 of the marinade in the bag. Refrigerate for a minimum of 15 minutes up to a few hours (refrigerate reserved 1/3 of marinade as well).
- Remove shrimp from marinade and discard used marinade. Heat butter in a skillet over medium high heat and add shrimp. Cook, stirring often, until shrimp are pink on both sides (about 3-4 minutes depending on size of shrimp). Add reserved marinade and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and/or chopped parsley, if desired.