DIY taco seasoning is so easy to make right at home and budget-friendly, too!
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1–1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Transfer to an airtight container or spice jar. Store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
- For a milder seasoning, omit red pepper flakes.
- For a hotter seasoning, increase red pepper flakes and/or add cayenne pepper.
- For using in ground beef for taco meat: Brown 1 pound ground beef in a skillet until fully cooked and no longer pink. Drain off grease. Add 2 tablespoons taco seasoning and 1/2 cup water and stir to combine. Simmer until majority of water has evaporated.