This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Cold winter December evenings by the Christmas tree always call for a dainty little (or large) glass of this Homemade Eggnog.
It’s my Christmas tradition to make this eggnog when trimming the tree. Use your favorite rum and brandy to make this eggnog a special treat of the holiday season.
Cheers, and a very Merry Christmas to you and yours!Print
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup brandy
- 1/3 cup rum
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream
- In large saucepan over medium heat, stir together beaten eggs and sugar.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook for 20 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly (or until mixture thickens).
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, rum and brandy.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours
- Beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until peaks form. Fold into eggnog mixture and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Optional: top with whipped cream and sprinkle with additional nutmeg.