This delicious homemade cranberry sauce recipe is so easy to prepare – No need to ever open a can again!
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 2/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan and stir to combine. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat.
- Cook for 15 minutes (uncovered), stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low if necessary to maintain a gentle boil/simmer.
- Serve warm or cool completely at room temperature, place in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Will keep up to 14 days in the refrigerator when stored properly in an airtight container
- Will keep in the freezer up to 2 months when stored properly in an airtight container
- Recipe adapted from Food Network
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cranberry sauce from scratch, fresh cranberry sauce