- 3–1/2 cups packed fresh basil leaves (rinsed and dried)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (more or less, to taste)
- Place basil leaves and pine nuts in a food processor. Pulse until combined well.
- Add olive oil, a little at a time, pulsing in-between.
- Add Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper. Pulse until mixture is a smooth. Season with additional salt and pepper (if desired) and stir well to combine.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate.
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: basil pesto, homemade basil pesto, pesto sauce