- 3-3/4 cups granulated white sugar
- 1-1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon oil
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Line a 12 x 17 rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Be sure to have paper not only on the bottom of pan, but up around sides of pan as well, as candy will be approximately 1/8-inch thick. Place baking sheet on a trivet (mixture poured in baking sheet will be extremely hot).
- In a large heavy saucepan over medium high heat, heat sugar, corn syrup and water over medium high heat. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Once mixture has reached a boil, reduce heat to medium. Cook (stirring often) until temperature reaches 300 to 310 degrees F, measuring with a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat. Add cinnamon oil and food coloring and stir to combine. Pour into prepared baking sheet and allow to cool and harden.
- Break into pieces and lightly dust with powdered sugar (I used a sifter).
- Store in an airtight container.
Adapted from the Island Born and Bred Cookbook