This savory and satisfying quiche full of ham, asparagus, mushrooms and onions is a perfect Easter or Mother’s Day brunch!
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 ounces asparagus (1/2 bunch), tough ends removed and sliced into about 3-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup cubed or shredded fully cooked ham
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Form pie shell in a pie dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add asparagus, onion and mushrooms and saute for 3 minutes, or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about an additional 30 seconds.
- Whisk together eggs, half and half, thyme, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add ham, shredded cheeses and asparagus mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour into pie shell and bake (uncovered) for 40-45 minutes, or until eggs are set and crust is golden brown.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: ham asparagus mushroom quiche, ham asparagus mushroom quiche recipe