- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1–1/2 cups French fried onions, divided (1/2 cup for casserole, 1 cup for topping)
- 3 (14.5-ounce) cans French style green beans, drained
- 1 (6-ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Gradually stir in flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in salt, pepper, sugar, garlic and sour cream. Remove from heat and add green beans, mushrooms and 1/2 cup of the French fried onions. Stir gently to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a 2-1/2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle evenly with cheese, then sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1 cup of French fried onions.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and edges are bubbly.
Adapted from AllRecipes.com