- 1 loaf baguette, sliced into 12 slices approximately 3/4 inches thick
- 6 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
- Prepared sun-dried tomato pesto; approximately 12 teaspoons
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, mix diced tomatoes, basil, vinegar, garlic, olive oil & pepper; set aside.
- While tomato mixture is marinating, preheat oven to broiler setting.
- Spread prepared pesto on each baguette slice (approximately 1 teaspoon each).
- Top with tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Broil for approximately 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.