This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Tonight I’m bringing appetizers to an event called Sip ‘n Shop that includes wine and shopping 🙂 How much better can it get? I support my local vendors when I can; it’s the foundation of my community that I love.
Anyway, since I’m making more than one appetizer, I at least wanted one of them to be “right out of the oven” but didn’t take forever to make (and still would be awesome!). So I’m bringing these little tomato bruschettas that are really simple to prepare, yet they are so good (and good for you).Print
- 1 loaf baguette, sliced into 12 slices approximately 3/4 inches thick
- 6 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
- Prepared sun-dried tomato pesto; approximately 12 teaspoons
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, mix diced tomatoes, basil, vinegar, garlic, olive oil & pepper; set aside.
- While tomato mixture is marinating, preheat oven to broiler setting.
- Spread prepared pesto on each baguette slice (approximately 1 teaspoon each).
- Top with tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Broil for approximately 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.