An easy and satisfying dinner in under 30 minutes!
- 8 ounces linguine pasta, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine*
- Salt and black pepper to taste, if desired (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Begin cooking pasta according to package directions.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat in a skillet. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring frequently, about 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and oregano. Cook, stirring frequently, until shrimp have just turned pink on both sides (about 3 to 4 minutes). Remove shrimp from skillet with a slotted spoon and place on a plate. Set aside.
- Return skillet with juices to medium high heat. Add white wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and stir until butter is melted and mixture is combined.
- Transfer shrimp back to skillet and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Season with desired amounts of salt and pepper, if desired.
- Spoon shrimp mixture on top of a bed of cooked linguine and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
*Chicken broth can be substituted for white wine.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: easy shrimp scampi, shrimp scampi pasta