- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 8 ounces pasta (I used ziti), prepared according to package directions and drained
- 8 ounces (2 cups) mozzarella cheese, shredded (reserve 1/4 cup for topping)
- 1 (3-1/2 ounce) package sliced pepperoni, sliced in half or quarters
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (3.8 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet or saucepan, brown ground beef and onions until meat is no longer pink. Drain off fat.
- Add remaining ingredients to beef/onion mixture and stir well to combine (reserve 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese for topping).
- Transfer to a 2-quart casserole dish that has been greased or sprayed with cooking spray. Top with 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake (uncovered) for approximately 40 minutes, or until heated thoroughly.
Adapted from Taste of Home