- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper (1 small bell pepper)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion (about 1/2 of a medium yellow onion)
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (24 ounce) jar or can of traditional pasta sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 ounces “oven ready” lasagna noodles (1/2 of a 12-ounce package), each noodle broken into thirds
- 2 cups water
- 1–1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cups ricotta cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook hamburger (crumbling hamburger as it cooks), onion bell pepper and mushrooms until hamburger is no longer pink, about 6-7 minutes. Drain off excess fat.
- Stir in pasta sauce and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer. Add lasagna noodles and water. Stir to combine and coat lasagna noodles with sauce mixture. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until lasagna noodles are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Gently stir in the Parmesan cheese and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, being careful not to tear noodles.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Using a cookie scoop or spoon, evenly top with ricotta cheese. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Adapted from Damn Delicious