While dining in Ocracoke, NC, we had something similar to this chicken pesto sandwich. When we came home, I’ve been making them ever since!Print
- Italian dressing for marinade
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 sub or kaiser rolls
- Optional: lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo
- Marinate chicken breasts in Italian dressing overnight (or at least 1 to 2 hours if possible).
- Grill chicken breasts, 6-8 minutes on each side or until done.
- While chicken breasts are still on grill, spread approximately 1 tablespoon pesto sauce over each (or more if desired).
- Place provolone cheese over pesto sauce & allow to melt.
- Optional: serve with lettuce tomato, onions and/or mayo