This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
While dining in Ocracoke, NC, we had something similar to this chicken pesto sandwich. When we came home, I’ve been making them ever since!Print
- Italian dressing for marinade
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 sub or kaiser rolls
- Optional: lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo
- Marinate chicken breasts in Italian dressing overnight (or at least 1 to 2 hours if possible).
- Grill chicken breasts, 6-8 minutes on each side or until done.
- While chicken breasts are still on grill, spread approximately 1 tablespoon pesto sauce over each (or more if desired).
- Place provolone cheese over pesto sauce & allow to melt.
- Optional: serve with lettuce tomato, onions and/or mayo