- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 (19-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 3 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese, divided
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- Optional toppings (green onions, black olives, cilantro, tomatoes, avocado, sour cream, etc.)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or spray a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onions over medium high heat until beef is no longer pink, crumbling beef as it is cooking. Drain off fat.
- Return skillet with beef and onions to heat and add 1/2 of the enchilada sauce, 1-1/2 cups of the shredded cheese, chopped green chilies, chili powder, garlic powder and cumin. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Evenly distribute beef mixture down the center of each tortilla. Wrap tortillas tightly and place seam side down into baking dish.
- Top with remaining 1/2 of the enchilada sauce and sprinkle with the remaining 1-1/2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling around the edges of dish.
- Top with desired toppings.