Budget friendly, so much better than takeout and in less than 30 minutes!
- 3/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (from a jar – about 3 cloves minced)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds sirloin steak (about 2 steaks), thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 (6 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- Cooked white rice
- Whisk together soy sauce, chicken stock, honey, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, sesame oil, cornstarch, ginger, red pepper flakes and water in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook (about 4 minutes) until browned on both sides. Add soy sauce mixture, broccoli and mushrooms. Stir gently to combine. Cook, gently stirring frequently, until sauce mixture is slightly thickened (about 4 minutes).
- Serve immediately over cooked rice.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: beef and broccoli with mushrooms