Let your slow cooker do the work in these tender and flavorful chicken fajitas. A no-fuss, easy recipe the whole family will love with just 10 minutes prep time needed!
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1–1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (or fajita seasoning)
- 3 large bell peppers (I used red, green and yellow) seeded and sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Desired toppings
- Pour salsa into the bottom of slow cooker insert and spread evenly. Place chicken breasts on top of salsa. Sprinkle evenly with taco or fajita seasoning.
- Place sliced peppers and onion over chicken. Cover and cook on high heat for 3 hours or low heat for 6 hours, or until chicken is fully cooked. * If tender-crisp vegetables are desired, add peppers and onion during the last 30-45 minutes of cook time.
- Remove chicken breasts and shred or slice. Return chicken to slow cooker and toss with peppers, onion and juices to combine.
- Serve on tortillas with your favorite toppings.
Nutrition info does not include toppings.
- Category: Slow Cooker
- Method: Slow Cook
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: crockpot chicken fajitas, slow cooker chicken fajitas