- 1 (3-pound) boneless pork loin roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (18-ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon prepared spicy mustard
- 1/8 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- Optional: chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Season roast with desired amounts of salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown roast on all sides (about a minute each side).
- Spray the insert of your slow cooker with cooking spray (I used a 6-quart slow cooker).
- Place pork roast in your slow cooker (fat side up).
- Top roast evenly with sliced onions.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together apricot preserves, chicken broth, mustard and teriyaki sauce until smooth. Pour over roast and onions.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5-6 hours or until done.
- Top with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
The National Pork Board recommends cooking pork chops, roasts, and tenderloin to an internal temperature between 145° F. (medium rare) and 160° F. (medium), followed by a 3 minute rest. Since large cuts increase approximately 10° F. while resting, remove them from the heat at 150° F. followed by a 10 minute rest