This recipe for Creamy Tuscan Shrimp and Scallops is so quick, easy and sinfully delicious… no one will know you spent just 20 minutes preparing it!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Shrimp and scallops in a garlicky Parmesan cream sauce with sun dried tomatoes and spinach
Flavor-packed is a total understatement here… this sauce with sun dried tomatoes and spinach is so velvety, savory and creamy. Pair it with sweet shrimp and scallops and seafood night has never been better (or easier!).
I love it over pasta or by itself with crusty French bread to dip in the cream sauce… so cozy!
Tips for perfect shrimp and scallops in this recipe:
- Rinse shrimp and scallops, pat dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper on both sides before cooking.
- Since shrimp and sea scallops have different cooking times, I cooked them separately. They both cook quickly but shrimp take a little less time to cook than scallops. Over-cooking gives shrimp and scallops a tough, rubbery texture.
- 1/2 pound sea scallops
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cups tightly packed fresh spinach
- Rinse scallops and shrimp and pat dry with a paper towel. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook scallops first – Cook scallops on each side for approximately 2-1/2 minutes, or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add more olive oil to the skillet if necessary and cook shrimp – Cook for about 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until shrimp have just turned pink on both sides. Transfer to the plate with the cooked scallops and set aside.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook until fragrant, stirring constantly (about 30 seconds).
- Add broth, cream, sun dried tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Stir well to combine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 3-4 minutes. Add spinach and continue to simmer until spinach is wilted and sauce is slightly thickened (about 1-2 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Return shrimp and scallops to skillet and serve topped with cream sauce.
- Optional: serve over cooked pasta, if desired.
Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, eggs or unpasteurized milk may increase your risk of foodborne illness.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: shrimp, scallops, seafood, tuscan