- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 (16 ounce) containers sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dip mix
- 2 (2.8 ounce) packages recipe bacon pieces or bits
- 1 (30 ounce) package frozen shredded hash browns
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 1/2 cups fresh asparagus pieces (about 1 inch pieces)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except frozen shredded hash browns using a large spoon.
- Add hash browns last and stir well to combine.
- Place in a greased 9 inch cast iron skillet or greased 9×13 baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until potatoes are cooked and asparagus is tender.
Recipe slightly adapted from PlainChicken.com
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crack potatoes with asparagus