- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound mushrooms, rinsed and patted dry
- 1–1/2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons minced yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup crab meat (I used lump crab meat)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Drizzle olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Remove stems from mushrooms, roughly chop and place in a small bowl. Remove gills from inside of mushroom caps and discard gills.
- Melt butter over medium high heat in a saucepan. Add mushroom stems and onions. Cook, stirring frequently, for approximately 4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Remove from heat. Add cream cheese, crab meat, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, Old Bay Seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Place mushroom caps onto baking sheet. Spoon crab mixture into caps. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until heated thoroughly. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.