This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
So savory, creamy and cheesy… these Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are always a hit!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
So if you follow the blog, you know I recently lost one of my very dearest friends to cancer. To say that it has not been easy is a total understatement. So I’ll be sharing some of Rhonda’s very favorite foods in the upcoming days… one of them being these sinfully delicious mushrooms stuffed with a cheesy crab meat filling!
This appetizer is one of my favorites as well! Because I love ANYTHING that incorporates mushrooms… add cheese and crab meat and I’m in love.
The most difficult part of this recipe (to me) is cleaning the mushrooms and removing the stems and gills. After that it’s smooth sailing but soooooo worth the effort. I use the tip of a potato peeler to scrape out the gills… it makes it so much easier!
This recipe calls for a pound of mushrooms which was 24 mushrooms in the package that I bought. If you’re serving them as an appetizer at a gathering I would estimate this yields 12 servings (about 2 stuffed mushrooms per person).
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound mushrooms, rinsed and patted dry
- 1–1/2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons minced yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup crab meat (I used lump crab meat)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Drizzle olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Remove stems from mushrooms, roughly chop and place in a small bowl. Remove gills from inside of mushroom caps and discard gills.
- Melt butter over medium high heat in a saucepan. Add mushroom stems and onions. Cook, stirring frequently, for approximately 4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Remove from heat. Add cream cheese, crab meat, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, Old Bay Seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Place mushroom caps onto baking sheet. Spoon crab mixture into caps. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until heated thoroughly. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.