Healthy and refreshing corn and tomato salad with red onion and fresh basil is an easy summer side dish!
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1–1/2 teaspoons fresh dill
- 1–1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion (about 1/2 of an average-sized red onion)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 5 cups fresh corn (approximately 4 large ears)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Place tomatoes, red onion, red wine vinegar, basil, dill, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir gently to combine. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn kernels and saute until corn is tender (about 7-8 minutes), stirring constantly. Add minced garlic and saute for an additional minute.
- Add corn and garlic mixture to tomato mixture. Stir gently to combine. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
Inspired by Taste of Home
- Category: Salads
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: corn salad, corn and tomato salad recipe