This healthy and refreshing salad is an easy summer side dish!
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion (about 1/2 of an average-sized red onion)
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh chopped dill
- 2 teaspoons salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cups fresh corn kernels ( from approximately 4 large ears)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- Place tomatoes, red onion, red wine vinegar, basil, dill, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir gently to combine. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn kernels and saute until corn is tender (about 7-8 minutes), stirring constantly. Add minced garlic and saute for an additional minute.
- Add corn and garlic mixture to tomato mixture. Stir gently to combine.
- Serve immediately or bring to room temperature, cover and refrigerate.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: corn and tomato salad