A lactose-free, creamy and delicious chowder!
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 small leek, thinly sliced (white and light green parts, about 1 cup sliced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups Silk Vanilla Cashewmilk
- 3 average sized russet potatoes, peeled and diced into about 1/2 inch cubes (approximately 3 cups diced)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels (about 2 large ears of fresh corn)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, fry the bacon until browned (about 4-5 minutes). Discard all but approximately 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings.
- Add the sliced leek, thyme, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the vanilla cashewmilk and diced potatoes. Increase heat slightly to just below medium-high and bring to a simmer. Cover and gently simmer about 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Add the corn kernels and stir to combine. Cover and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until corn has reached desired tenderness.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lactose free corn chowder