This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Some of the best things in life happen by accident, like this refreshing Coconut Orange Daiquiri.
And they’re ohhhhh so simple.
I love those times. When you just want something good, are forced to improvise, and throw it together like a champ. Like you planned it all out.
Yeah… I made that awesome drink.
After coming home from my mom’s tonight, I decided I wanted to blend something up and came up with this daiquiri with what I had on-hand.
All you’re gonna need is ice, orange juice, cream of coconut and light rum. If you want to get all fancy, rim that glass with shredded coconut and top with a maraschino cherry.
- 2 tablespoons honey or light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 3 cups ice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup light rum
- Maraschino cherry, for garnish (optional)
- Pour the light corn syrup on a small plate. Place coconut in a separate plate. Dip rim of glass in corn syrup, then in the coconut to coat evenly.
- In a blender, blend ice, orange juice, rum and cream of coconut until smooth.
- Pour into rimmed glass and top with a maraschino cherry, if desired.
- Category: Cocktails
- Cuisine: Cuban
Keywords: coconut orange daiquiri