This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
See these luscious little Coconut Lime Macaroons?! They’re absolutely delicious!
Easter Sunday is approaching and I was wondering what I could make that was a bite-size dessert… this is it! I’ve made coconut cookies before, but never macaroons. And being that the weather has been warmer, I’ve been dreaming tropical thoughts… that’s where the lime also came into play.
The flavors of these candied coconut bites with hints of citrus were a home run in my little kitchen. I will definitely be making them again and again.
I started by doing my usual prep work (there wasn’t much) by first grating my lime peel for the lime zest I would need.
I mixed the lime zest in a large bowl with fresh lime juice (from that lime), egg whites, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, coconut and salt.
I used a cookie scoop to place the little mounds of coconut dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. If you don’t have one of those little cookie scoops, it was about a tablespoon of the mixture.
The macaroons were baked for about 18 minutes. Since I recently moved, I realized oven times vary, so I would say 15-20 minutes (or until they’re golden brown). Some of the coconut flakes will look darker… that’s completely normal!
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (14 ounce) bag sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients EXCEPT coconut and stir well to combine.
- Add coconut and gently stir well to combine.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop mounds (about a tablespoon for each cookie) of the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper approximately 1 inch apart.
- Bake in batches for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and macaroons are set.
- Remove from oven and place baking sheet on a wire cooling rack for 5 minutes before removing macaroons.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: coconut lime macaroons