The classic mojito is an easy and refreshing cocktail that’s always a crowd-pleaser!
- 8 to 10 large mint leaves (or 15 small)
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (fresh is best!)
- 1 1/2 ounces white rum (more or less depending on desired strength)
- Club soda
- Fresh mint sprigs and/or lime wheels, for garnish (optional)
- Muddle mint leaves with simple syrup and lime juice in a cocktail shaker using a muddler.*
- Pour into a glass filled with ice. Pour in rum, then top with club soda.
- Garnish with mint sprigs and/or lime wheels, if desired.
* The handle of a wooden spoon can be used if you don’t have a muddler.
- Category: Cocktails
- Cuisine: Cuban
Keywords: classic mojito recipe