For the meatloaf:
- 2 pounds ground beef (I use 90% lean)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup minced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup loosely packed chopped fresh parsley
- 1-1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (more or less, to taste)
For the sauce:
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (or aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray).
- Combine meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl just until combined (do not over-mix). Shape into a loaf (approximately 9 inches in length and 2-1/2 inches height) on prepared baking sheet.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Pour 1/2 of sauce into a separate bowl (for brushing meatloaf when it comes out of the oven).
- Brush meatloaf with 1/2 of sauce. Bake for 1 hour, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and brush (using a clean brush) with remaining 1/2 of sauce. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.