Creamy, cheesy and perfectly seasoned queso dip!
- 1–1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and diced (about 1/3 cup diced)
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 1 small Roma tomato, seeded and diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Tortilla chips
- Whisk together cornstarch an milk in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat butter over medium high heat in a saucepan. Add onion and jalapeno and saute until onions are translucent (about 3-4 minutes). Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Pour cornstarch and milk mixture into saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened (about a minute).
- Reduce heat to low and gradually add cheeses, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring in-between.
- Add salt and cayenne pepper and stir to combine.
- Top with diced tomatoes and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips.