- Your favorite pasta (I used fettuccine)
For the Chicken Mixture:
- Approximately 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in to 1 inch pieces
- 6 oz package of fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt & pepper, to taste
For the Amaretto Cream Sauce:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup amaretto liqueur
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- 1.5 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions, with tops (add last)
- Melt 1 tbsp butter over medium high heat in saute/skillet.
- Add garlic, chicken, mushrooms, salt & pepper.
- Saute approximately 8 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Using slotted spoon, remove chicken mixture from pan & place in a bowl. Set aside. Leave the drippings in the pan to make the amaretto cream sauce.
- Add 2 tbsp butter to the chicken drippings and melt over medium high heat.
- Add amaretto liqueur, stir and simmer until it is cooked “down”; approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring back to a simmer, stirring. Cook for another 7-10 minutes.
- Now would be a good time to start boiling your water for your pasta. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add heavy whipping cream, bringing back to a simmer again, cooking for approximately 5-7 minutes, or until it’s the desired thickness/consistency that you want.
- Return chicken mixture to amaretto cream sauce.
- Add green onions & mix well.
- Simmer for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Serve over pasta.