The perfect holiday cookies loaded with the sweetness of molasses and spiciness of ginger, cinnamon and cloves!
Cinnamon sugar ingredients:
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Cookie dough ingredients:
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the cinnamon sugar by stirring cinnamon sugar ingredients in a small bowl until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt into a large bowl. Stir well to combine and sift a second time into another large bowl.
- Beat butter in a mixing bowl with a mixer until creamy (about 30 seconds on medium speed). Gradually add in sugar while continuing to beat. Add egg and molasses, continuing to beat.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture into the butter mixture and stir with a large spoon to blend well. Slowly add the remaining flour mixture, stirring well with the spoon to combine well.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls using your hands, then roll each ball in the cinnamon sugar, coating evenly. Place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until tops of cookies are rounded and slightly cracked. Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chewy gingersnap cookies