This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
I recently had some fresh broccoli left over from my Chicken Broccoli Casserole and used it in this oh so simple (and delicious!) side dish for Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa.
I love the combination of broccoli and cheese in just about anything, or by itself. Cheese is one of many of my food weaknesses, and if I can figure out a way to add it to a recipe… I’m on it.
I initially thought quinoa was a grain, but learned that it is actually a seed. It does, however, have a grainy taste and texture. The creaminess of the cheese and slight crunch of the broccoli makes this a perfect combination… not to mention it’s prepared in 20 minutes and in ONE pot!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups fresh chopped broccoli
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place quinoa, water and broccoli in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover and simmer until water is absorbed (13-15 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Cover and allow cheese to melt for about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Adapted from Closet Cooking
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheddar broccoli quinoa