- 3/4 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined and rinsed
- 12 slices bacon, fried crispy
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices Hawaiian bread (or bread of your choice)
- Blackening seasoning
- Tomato slices
For the blackened shrimp BLTs:
- Fry bacon slices until desired crispiness. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
- Toss shrimp in blackening seasoning to coat well.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Place one layer of shrimp in skillet; cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked.
- Repeat with remaining butter and shrimp.
- Place shrimp on a paper towel lined plate.
- Toast bread (optional).
- Layer bacon, shrimp, tomato, lettuce on toasted bread with desired amount of red pepper aioli sauce, or condiment of your choice.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blackened shrimp blt