- 1 (16-ounce) package hot pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 (15.8-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.25-ounce can whole kernel yellow corn, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1–1/2 cups beef broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large soup pot or dutch oven, brown sausage and onion over medium heat. Crumble sausage as it is cooking and cook until browned and no longer pink.
- Drain off grease in a colander and return to pot.
- Add remaining ingredients (except parsley) and stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
Adapted from Taste of Home