- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mashed over-ripened banana
- 1 cup old fashioned cooking oats
- 1 1/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl (using a whisk or fork) combine the flours, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- Using a mixer at medium speed, mix butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low. Add vanilla and egg and mix until combined.
- Add mashed banana and mix until combined.
- Slowly mix in flour mixture, being careful not to over beat.
- Using a large spoon, stir in chocolate chips, walnuts and oats.
- Place dough onto baking sheet (a heaping tablespoon for each cookie).
- Bake until golden brown, about 12-13 minutes.
- Place baking sheets on wire racks for 5 minutes; remove cookies and place on wire racks until completely cooled.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana walnut chocolate cookies