- 3 overripe and browned bananas, peeled and mashed well with a fork (about 1 cup mashed)
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1–1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray or grease pan.
- Place mashed bananas in a large bowl. Add melted butter and stir well to combine. Add baking soda, salt, nutmeg, sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Stir to combine. Gradually add flour while continuing to stir until flour is well incorporated into mixture. Add walnuts and stir again until combined.
- Transfer the batter into loaf pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center is removed clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Adapted from Simply Recipes