This easy Banana Nut Bread is rich, moist and flavorful. It’s a delicious way to use up overripe bananas and no mixer is required!
- 1–1/4 cups mashed overripe bananas (2 to 3 bananas – will depend upon their size)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1–1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray or grease pan.
- Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl. Add melted butter and stir well to combine.
- Add baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Gradually add flour while continuing to stir until flour is incorporated into mixture (do not over-mix).
- Add walnuts and stir again just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center is removed clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- To store, wrap securely in plastic wrap or aluminum foil or place in an airtight container. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- To freeze, wrap securely in aluminum foil and place in a resealable freezer storage bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Adapted from Simply Recipes
- Category: Bread
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana nut bread recipe, banana bread