You’re just four simple ingredients away from the most flavorful chicken dinner the whole family will love: Baked Pesto Chicken.
When it comes to dinner, you just can’t beat quick, easy, delicious and simple… this recipe is just that. There’s literally only 5 minutes of prep time required!
Serve it with rice or keep it low-carb with a salad. No one will ever know you threw this together in under 40 minutes!
Your Simple Ingredients
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise
- Prepared basil pesto
- Shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
A Helpful Tip for Slicing the Chicken
Place your chicken in the freezer about 30 minutes before slicing. This firms the meat a little, making it easier to slice.
Do you see all of those juices in that skillet? Crusty French bread is a MUST for dipping.
Hooray for quick and easy weeknight dinners!
More Easy Chicken Dinners
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced in half lengthwise
- ½ cup prepared basil pesto
- 1 cup shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a large oven-proof skillet or baking dish.
- Place chicken breasts in skillet or baking dish. Spread 2 tablespoons of pesto evenly over each breast.
- Bake (uncovered) for 30 minutes, or until chicken is done and juices run clear (will depend upon thickness).
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle evenly with cheese and arrange tomatoes evenly over and around chicken.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- A helpful tip for slicing the chicken – Place in the freezer about 30 minutes before slicing. This firms the meat a little, making it easier to slice.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.