- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced in half horizontally
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place tomatoes cut side up on a ungreased rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle tops of tomatoes evenly with cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Drizzle evenly with olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until tomatoes are tender and cheese is lightly golden in color. Sprinkle with chopped fresh basil and serve immediately.
Adapted from Jo Cooks