This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Today I’m sharing one of my new favorite veggie recipes: Baked Italian Zucchini, Tomatoes and Onions. It’s so healthy, hearty and filling!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
This recipe is so satisfying, I literally ate a big bowl of it for dinner. Afterwards I thought it would also be amazing over rice for the perfect light summer lunch or dinner.
There’s been a few things going on behind the blog and I’m so excited! Hopefully I’ll be photographing from a new awesome room soon with my significant other, Brian (well, he won’t be photographing with me but will be there!).
Once I really started getting into food photography, I learned a lot of things about utilizing natural lighting. My ultimate dream was to have a decent sized room dedicated to photography with HUGE windows that were facing the sun’s direction. And the windows couldn’t have panes in them (window panes sometimes cast a shadow over the food!). Oh, and no trees or covered porches around the food photography windows to obstruct the sunlight. Not too much to ask for, right?!
Sooooo hopefully it’s happening next month! I’ll have a sun room dedicated to photography with monstrous windows across 2 walls facing the sun that’s right off of the kitchen. Right now I photograph in front of my front porch door in my living room so this would be food photography heaven. Fingers crossed all the inspections, appraisal, etc work out. There are just so many variables and things that can go south when buying a home!
So back to this amazing dish while I dream about that sun room… you really can’t go wrong with all of that fresh zucchini, tomatoes, onions and seasonings baked to perfection. It’s the ultimate summer side dish (or main dish!). Enjoy!Print
- 3 medium zucchini (about 2 pounds) quartered, then sliced into pieces about 3/4-inch long
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup Italian blend shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl (except Parmesan cheese) and gently stir to combine.
- Transfer to baking dish and bake (uncovered) for 30-35 minutes or until desired tenderness of zucchini is met.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese when done.
Adapted from iFOODreal