- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts, sliced in half
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup shredded extra sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded gruyère cheese
- 2/3 cup fully cooked bacon pieces
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Melt butter in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add brussels sprouts and shallots. Season with the salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Stir well to combine. Cook for approximately 10-12 minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Remove skillet from heat and evenly drizzle heavy cream over mixture. Top with shredded cheeses and bacon. Bake (uncovered) for 12-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Adapted from Delish