So… I’ve been really bad this past winter. When I say bad, I mean I’ve eaten a LOT of comfort food. I’ve really been trying to eat healthier recently, and made this amazing Tomato, Avocado and Basil Salad that you’re going to love!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
I thought I was going to add avocado to these awesome chicken tacos the other day… turned out they were so so good without avocado that I didn’t use them. So I had these perfectly ripe avocados that I needed to do something with, along with a little basil plant that had some beautiful leaves growing. That’s how this glorious salad came to be! 🙂
I’ve really been trying to step my game up with exercise and healthy eating recently. I used to run at least a few times a week, and for the past 2 years or so that kinda dwindled. So I’m finally getting my game back and ran my old pace and distance YESTERDAY. YESSSSS! Who knows, maybe I’ll get back to a half marathon one day. We’ll see.
There are some things that I can’t live without, though and that’s bread. I MUST have bread. I sliced a baguette and dipped it into the balsamic vinaigrette as I was eating the salad… so good!
Besides, what’s not to love about buttery avocado with perfectly ripe tomatoes, basil and a simple balsamic vinaigrette?! I hope you enjoy this salad as much as I do.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 2 pints grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup loosely packed fresh basil ribbons (or chopped basil)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Alternately arrange the tomatoes and avocado in a medium bowl. Top with basil and drizzle with the balsamic vinaigrette. Serve immediately.