Today was just another “Manic Monday”, so I needed a little assistance from my trusted Crock-Pot. 🙂 I’m getting really excited about Super Bowl, so I made something that we could eat as a meal with a salad, but could also be cooked as an easy appetizer on Super Bowl Sunday. I used molasses in this recipe; molasses reminds me of my Grandma. She loves eating molasses with her homemade fluffy biscuits as a snack or even “dessert”. Every time I see a jar of it I think of her.
Here’s how to make these awesome little wings. Start with rinsing the wings, then pat dry. Using kitchen shears, cut off the little tips of the wings and discard.
- Approximately 4 lbs. chicken wings
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp molasses
- ½ tbsp hot sauce
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Rinse wings & pat dry.
- Cut tips of wings off & discard.
- Place wings on broiler pan or baking sheet, sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Broil for approximately 12-15 minutes, or until the wings are light golden brown color.
- While chicken wings are broiling, prepare your sauce.
- In medium sized bowl, mix teriyaki, soy sauce, chopped garlic, ginger, molasses & hot sauce.
- Once wings have finished broiling, transfer them to your slow cooker.
- Pour sauce over wings.
- Cover slow cooker & cook on high heat for 2½ hours, or on low heat for 4-5 hours.