All of the traditional ingredients in a Reuben sandwich come together in this creamy and cheesy Reuben Dip.
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
I never had the pleasure of eating a Reuben sandwich until my early 20s, can you believe that?! I used to be more narrow-minded in my early years. I believed some people when I heard them say that sauerkraut wasn’t good. Since I didn’t grow up eating it, I never ventured to try it until the day I decided to order my first Reuben sandwich.
What was I thinking???
Chopped corned beef, sauerkraut, cream cheese, Swiss cheese, thousand island dressing, horseradish and relish are your ingredients in this savory dip. I served it with toasted rye bread, but you can also serve it with rye chips, pumpernickel chips or bread, your favorite crackers or pita chips.
This dip can be made ahead of time and placed in the oven when you’re ready… or heat it in your slow cooker until melted and bubbly. This hot, creamy and cheesy dip is perfect for game day, or any gathering for that matter. I hope you enjoy this dip as much as I do!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish that has been drained
- ⅓ cup thousand island dressing
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish or salad cubes, drained
- 8 ounces deli sliced corned beef, diced
- 16 ounces sauerkraut, very well drained
- 4 ounces shredded Swiss cheese (about 2-1/4 cups)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese, horseradish, thousand island dressing and relish until mixed well. Stir in corned beef, sauerkraut and shredded cheese.
- Transfer to a baking or casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes, or until hot and edges are bubbling.