I’m blogging today from the peach state of Georgia and I have an awesome recipe for you using fresh Georgia peaches… Peach Salsa!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
If you’ve been following me on Instagram you know that I’ve been on my first cross-country road trip. I’m beyond humbled and excited that we have this opportunity of a lifetime! So far I’ve gone zip lining in the NC mountains, tubing in a cold-a*s mountain river and sitting by some beautiful campfires by the camper. The bucket list is getting checked off little by little!
The second stop was at a friends’ house in the beautiful state of Georgia. They’ve been so welcoming and have cooked meals to die for. I’ve probably put on 5 pounds in a week already. 😐
So you know I had to get my hands on some local Georgia peaches while I was here! We stopped at a roadside stand and I got an entire bag. They’re by far the best peaches I’ve ever sunk my teeth into… maybe it’s because I’m in Georgia?
I saved a few peaches to make this simple Peach Salsa with. I loved the combination of the peaches, cilantro, jalapeno, red onions and tomatoes… throw some in some lime juice and it’s the bomb.
I’ll be doing my best to blog along the way with recipes using local ingredients from wherever we may be!
- 3 large peaches, seeded, peeled and diced (about 3 cups)
- 2 small tomatoes, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 cup diced red onion (about ½ of a medium red onion)
- ½ cup loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and gently stir to combine.