This simple Pea Pasta Salad is chock full of all kinds of good stuff that is perfect for your next outdoor barbecue!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Last week we enjoyed a Greek Summer Salad with feta cheese and black olives so much that I made it twice in one week! The second time I made it was when our friends, Melissa and Schulyer, came over for dinner.
They loved it too. We started talking about all of the different types of vegetable salads that we enjoyed, and Schulyer mentioned a Pea Pasta Salad that he used to eat as a kid. I asked him the ingredients and basically we all started spurting out what we thought would be good in a pasta salad with peas.
I made this salad with bowtie pasta, peas (of course), carrots, red onion and bacon. I fried up my bacon slices, but if you want to speed things up you can use packaged bacon pieces. The simple creamy dressing is a little tangy and pairs well with the combination of the pasta, veggies and bacon… I could eat this as a meal!
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ⅛ cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 (12 ounce) package bowtie pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas, drained
- 1 cup bacon pieces (about 6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled)
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- Whisk dressing ingredients well in a small bowl.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain in a colander and rinse well with cold water. Transfer to a bowl and toss gently with remaining salad ingredients. Drizzle with dressing and stir gently to coat evenly. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.