This One Pan Shrimp and Pasta in Tomato Cream Sauce is not only incredibly easy to make, it comes together in just 30 minutes if your shrimp are already peeled!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
I’m ALL ABOUT quick and easy dinners with minimal cleanup… especially this time of year when I really want to be outside working in my yard in the evenings. Oh hey, and did I mention it’s insanely delicious?
This one pan dinner is packed full of shrimp floating around in all of that creamy tomato sauce and pasta goodness. I’m so fortunate to live on the coast and have access to fresh local shrimp, which is a good thing because I only eat shrimp that are local. And I LOVE shrimp!
I’ve read that imported shrimp are okay to eat, but when you grow up in a tight-knit fishing community and see how hard the commercial fishermen work to support their families, it instills a deep-down loyalty to them. They have this proud passion about their heritage and their work that is beyond words that I can’t explain… all I know is that I want to always support it by buying local.
HOORAY FOR ONE PAN DINNERS!
I hope you enjoy this easy recipe as much as I have. It can also be made with chicken if you’re not a fan of shrimp (recipe here).
- 1 pound medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (24-ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Optional: chopped fresh basil, for garnish
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add shrimp to skillet and saute for 3-4 minutes, or until shrimp have just turned pink on both sides (stirring frequently). Transfer shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- Add chicken broth, pasta sauce and Italian seasoning to skillet and stir to combine. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Add pasta and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for approximately 12 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Add heavy cream and stir well to combine. Add cooked shrimp and cook an additional 1-2 minutes, or until shrimp are heated.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired and garnish with chopped fresh basil.